Saturday, May 8, 2010

quickie

It’s nearly official, I’m done with school. I had a few rough patches filled with sentiment and reflection during my last day of classes this past Thursday. Naturally, I was able to hold it together, that’s how I’ve always managed to get through this life, even when I didn’t want to be bothered with it anymore.

I left home a late bloomer in some respects, yet world-weary with a sketchy plan, broken heart and fragile state of mind, but managed to grow exponentially in these past few years.

I’ve never been fair to myself, never saw me as being enough of whatever I was supposed to be, always lived with an incurable sadness, but fought and fought these feelings because I knew I had to be strong; I had to hold it together.

Because I’ve managed to hold all the shit together, I’m finally graduating with all A’s next Friday, as I set out to do when I left home. I almost want to squeal, I’m so proud of myself, of everything!

Ultimately, attitude and perseverance determine where you’ll end up and I’m completely honored to be able to share this with all of the little maniacs I’ll be working with in the near future.

In typical Steph fashion though, I must say (complain) I’m so pissed the actual graduation ceremony is costing an arm and leg. Assholes trying to milk me for everything they can before I’m gone.

Stay tuned for pics!

7 comments:

OmegaRadium said...

I'll save the congratulatory pleasantries until I see some pictures; don't want you holding out on us! :P

Steph, one of my favorite quotes on life:
"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."

-The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Steph said...

Thank you, JJ :) XOXO

her said...

happy happy graduation!!!!!!!!!!

Christina Harper said...

But at least you are done and can make hella more money now. YAY! Money is good.

Congrats on graduating, girly. :)

michelle said...

congrats!!!

TG said...

Congrats and hope it won't cost too much. I wish you can have a great summer :)

Angelia Sims said...

I know I'm incredibly late and I did comment on FB. But girl! Sooo proud of you. I, too, somehow always held it together through all my trials. It's so hard. You did it. You probably have to hold it together a while longer. Enjoy your success and hang in there! Woot!